REC Announce First Freelance as a Business Partner
The Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) is pleased to announce that First Freelance has joined its business partnership scheme.
An accountancy firm specialising in tailored accounting and tax services to contractors and support to recruiters across the UK, First Freelance is one of only a few firms to be accredited by the Freelancer & Contractor Services Association (FCSA) and has recently been awarded the Cabinet Office award for Customer Service Excellence (CSE).
REC chief executive Kevin Green said:
By bringing First Freelance on board we’re connecting our members to a team who can provide support with all of the processes around supplying temporary workers. We know that there are over a million people on temporary assignments on any given day, and it’s vital that best practice is upheld at all stages. We’re looking forward to working with First Freelance to help recruiters do what they do best.
First Freelance managing director Mark Beal-Preston said:
We are proud to have been recognised and selected by the REC for our innovative services and professional standards. The REC is aligned with our own values and commitment to integrity, good practice and compliance, so it’s a perfect fit with our firm’s aspirations. We are fully committed to providing outstanding support to REC members.
First Freelance provide specialist advisors to help contractors comply with HMRC’s rules, and help recruitment businesses ensure that their flexible workforce supply chain is operating efficiently, legally and without risk. As part of the Business Partnership scheme, First Freelance is offering REC members:
- Guidance and personalised reports for contractors to give them a clear understanding of their options, empowering them to choose the most suitable working arrangement or service, and ensuring they operate in the most compliant and tax efficient way.
- Financial health checks for contractors to help them understand their current position and steps to maintain or improve their financial well-being.
- A training session to enhance recruiters’ understanding, from a selection of workshops covering the latest compliance and tax legislation.
- A consultancy session to help recruiters understand, identify and mitigate financial and reputational risks from non-compliance in the supply chain.
- Assessment of agencies’ finance function covering financial and cash flow planning, reporting, performance metrics and corporate structure.
First Freelance’s qualified accountants and tax advisors are specialists in contractor tax, which means they can help contractors make the most of their income and comply with HMRC’s rules. Their specialist compliance team also advise and support recruitment businesses to help ensure that all parties in the flexible workforce supply chain are operating efficiently, legally and without risk.
If you are a recruitment firm and would like more information about our services, please get in touch. Our dedicated agency team is on hand to discuss how First Freelance can enhance, support and protect your business and contractors.
Watch the First Freelance video to see our special offer to REC members here.
Published on: 10 April 2015 - By: First Freelance